Pinoy Violinists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Search  Latest images  Register  Log in  

Share | 

[Luthier] Amador Tamayo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SouthernStrings
Cremona
Cremona
SouthernStrings

[Luthier] Amador Tamayo Vide
PostSubject: how to reach Mr. Amador Tamayo - directions please!   [Luthier] Amador Tamayo EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:22 am

Hello all...

Can anyone provide me with detailed information as to how to commute to Mr. Tamayo? and... I'm sorry for being so insistent on details... can you write the directions in such a way as a non-taga-Manila can understand it?

I'm familiar with MRT stations - bus and jeepney lines I can manage with sufficient instructions.

Thank you, all!

StringerZ
Back to top Go down
bursky
Bachendorff
Bachendorff
bursky

PostSubject: Re: [Luthier] Amador Tamayo   [Luthier] Amador Tamayo EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 7:24 pm

AFAIK, you just contact his wife via phone and she'll pick it up/do meetups. then pag tapos na, ganun ulit -- meetup para isoli yung napa-setup mo na violin. sayang lang di natuloy yung usapan namin last time kaya kay mang anghel ako napadpad ng setup. :)
Back to top Go down
new2daviolin

PostSubject: contact details for Mr Tamayo :)   [Luthier] Amador Tamayo EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 11:11 am

Hi there,

does anybody know how i can contact Mr Tamayo? i live in cebu and would like to send my violin to him to be set-up.

i tried to contact Mr Gabute as was recommended some time ago in another thread however, he has not replied to my inquiry, he must be very busy. and i badly need to get my violin set-up.

thank you very much in advance for any help. [Luthier] Amador Tamayo 7079
Back to top Go down
bursky
Bachendorff
Bachendorff
bursky

PostSubject: Re: [Luthier] Amador Tamayo   [Luthier] Amador Tamayo EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 11:25 am

posted on violinist.com

http://www.violinist.com/luthiers/Amador_Tamayo/

landline: (+632)3645050

i think i inadvertently deleted his wife's mobile number. :( sorry!
Back to top Go down
new2daviolin

PostSubject: YAY!   [Luthier] Amador Tamayo EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 11:32 am

hahahaha it was a good thing i decided to wait till someone posted back!

daghang salamat bursky!!! 8D

i will call them up today.
Back to top Go down
rjzero
Bachendorff
Bachendorff
rjzero

PostSubject: Re: [Luthier] Amador Tamayo   [Luthier] Amador Tamayo EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 4:26 pm

Mr. Tamayo has a facebook site:)

Got this as his personal address: San Jose del Monte, Bulacan.
Back to top Go down
new2daviolin

PostSubject: Re: [Luthier] Amador Tamayo   [Luthier] Amador Tamayo EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 4:47 pm

ah! daghang salamat sad rjzero! -- i will look for his facebook page!

p.s. i don't think i've ever been to bulacan HeHe
if he agrees to set-up my violin, i will have to ship it to him.

[Luthier] Amador Tamayo 232803

Last edited by new2daviolin on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added some other stuff :D)
Back to top Go down
rjzero
Bachendorff
Bachendorff
rjzero

PostSubject: Re: [Luthier] Amador Tamayo   [Luthier] Amador Tamayo EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 11:29 am

new2daviolin, have you introduced yourself na sa hello thread? pra makilala ka namin.
Back to top Go down
Gardaud

Gardaud

PostSubject: Re: [Luthier] Amador Tamayo   [Luthier] Amador Tamayo EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 7:17 pm

There's one Violin collector in Manila and also does repairs & restoration which are better than the above stated Luthiers kuno. I have tried them both and was dismayed. They have names but not the quality work as they did before.
Back to top Go down
Gardaud

Gardaud

PostSubject: Re: [Luthier] Amador Tamayo   [Luthier] Amador Tamayo EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 7:19 pm

...even Prof. Esmilla Sr, stated how he unfavors the work of those person which are inaccurate at most.
Back to top Go down
baroqueviolin
Sobrang Spammer. Di na nagprapraktis
baroqueviolin

PostSubject: Re: [Luthier] Amador Tamayo   [Luthier] Amador Tamayo EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 8:06 pm

@Gardaud

Could you please provide information (a name and some contact details) on the Collector-Restorer that you mention so that some of us may sample his work ? ...And then form a just and comparative opinion, and personal preferences as well.... ;-)

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeriodinstrumentfaN
"H" Kittyback TigerFlames

PostSubject: Re: [Luthier] Amador Tamayo   [Luthier] Amador Tamayo EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:15 pm

The Luthier

[Luthier] Amador Tamayo P_Tamayo-1-230x230

Prior becoming a luthier Amador Tamayo studied cello at UP (University of the Philippines). His former cello mentors were Prof. Martiniano Esguerra, who studied with a Russian cellist, and Prof. Herminia Ilano, a US trained cellist, currently teaching cello in Singapore.

1978-1982 Tamayo apprenticed in the shop of master violinmaker Hubert Schnorr in Hamburg, Germany, undergoing supplementary training at the Geigenbauschule Mittenwald.

Upon his return to Manila he established himself as a maker and repaire. He resumed playing the cello and worked with the old Manila Symphony Orchestra and the Manila Chamber Orchestra as principal cellist, also giving basic cello lessons. As the demand on his violin making skills increased, Tamayo had to lessen his cello playing and finally had to give it up totally in 2000.

Regular visits to Taipei, Taiwan and Singapore as repairer mainly working on instruments from China. It is in Taipei where he saw a lot of new instruments from Cremona as well as other old European instruments.

Over the past 25 years he has been successfully making violins and cellos in the tradition of the Mittenwald School under influence of the Stradivarius designs from Cremona.

The Shop

[Luthier] Amador Tamayo DSC_0455-170[Luthier] Amador Tamayo DSC_0462-800[Luthier] Amador Tamayo DSC_0460-800[Luthier] Amador Tamayo DSC_0437-170

The Instrument
[Luthier] Amador Tamayo 5a-all-500
Isis Concert Group is exclusive trading partner for Tamayo violins throughout the European Union.

The Artists

[Luthier] Amador Tamayo Gina_Medina_230x290
Violinist Gina Medina

is a faculty member of the St. Scholastica's College of Music, UST Conservatory of Music, and the UP College of Music Graduate Studies.

She pursued her violin studies at the St. Scholastica's College of Music where she graduated Cum Laude under the tutelage of Maestro Basilio Manalo. She earned her Master's degree in music at the San Francisco State University (SFSU), where she also served as concertmaster of the orchestra and the soloist in the "Bach Concert." winning several awards including first prizes in the National Music Competition for Young Artists (NAMCYA).

She participated in several music festivals in France and studied under Olivier Charlier, Dong Suk-Kang, Philippe Bride and the Amadeus Quartet. In 1994, Medina became a member of the Asian Youth Orchestra (AYO, which toured Taiwan, Japan and the US, where she performed at the White House and the 50th anniversary of the United Nations.

An active chamber musician, Medina has performed with the Manila Symphony Orchestra, PREDIS Chamber Orchestra, Cebu Youth Symphony Orchestra, UST Symphony Orchestra, as well as with noted artists Nena del Rosario, Chino Bolipata, Raul Sunico, Mary Anne Espina, among others.

In 2005 Medina became the chairwoman of the String Division of NAMCYA.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Luthier] Amador Tamayo 06-pc
Violinist Gilopez Kabayao

born in 1929, is an exceptionally talented musician who came from a rather musically inclined family. At three, he started improvising short piano pieces in minuet style and at six he was under his father’s tutelage, learning violin, and his mother, learning piano lessons. He already had his debut at New York’s at the age of 19, then continuing his studies first in New York and later in Vienna.

In 1978 he became the musical director of the Manila Symphony Orchestra, performing worldwide in countries including Belgium, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore.

AWARDS:
1952: 2nd Prize, International Violin Competition, Academia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia, Rome.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Luthier] Amador Tamayo Renato_Lukas_230x230
Cellist Renato Lucas

principal cellist of Phillipine Philharmonic Orchestra and professor of cello UST.

His mentors were Modesto Maiquez and Herminia Atienza-Ilano. In 1978, he won 1st prize in the National Music Competition for Young Artists. Student at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music under Bonnie Hampton, protégée of the legendary Pablo Casals, and principal cellist of the San Francisco Symphony Youth Orchestra.

Studied in Germany with Karine Georgian, and concerts with the Detmolder Kammerorchester. The British Council sent him as a Fellow in Cello and Conducting to the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester. Maestro Piero Gamba invited him to perform in the United Nations’ Millenium Concert of the Nations at the Lincoln Center in New York.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Luthier] Amador Tamayo Wilfredo_Cariaso_Pasamba_230x290
Cellist Wilfredo Pasamba

born 1978, trained by Natalia Shakhovskaya, Carter Enyeart, Einar Holm and Fred Sherry. He is currently an adjunct faculty member of Pittsburg State University. Pasamba received degrees from Moscow State Conservatory, Ithaca College and Juilliard School. He is also a Doctor of Musical Arts candidate at the UMKC Conservatory of Music, where he also teaches as an adjunct instructor.

New York debut at Weill Recital Hall in Carnegie Hall, Merkin Hall, the Metropolitan Museum, and the Alice Tully Hall. Has attended music festivals in Tanglewood, Norfolk, Bowdoin, Ithaca Violoncello Institute and a conducting fellowship in South Carolina.

Top prize awards at Jennings Butterfield Young Artists Competition, National Music Competition for Young Artists, Reno Chamber Orchestra Competition, Juilliard Cello Concerto Competition. Semi-finalist in the International Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Luthier] Amador Tamayo Victor_Coo_230x290
Cellist Victor Michael Coo

born in 1982, Coo received early cello training with Amado Tamayo and Wilfredo Pasamba. Graduation with distinction at the Philippine High School for the Arts. 1999 Participation in the Interlochen Arts Camp in Michigan. Saint-Saëns Cello Concerto No.1 with the World Youth Symphony Orchestra.

Musical training with Johanne Perron at the Conservatory of Music at Lynn University, Boca Raton, Florida. In Florida he won several competitions and awards including the National Society of Arts and Letters, the Boca Pops Competition and the Conservatory Concerto Competition.

As a former principal cellist and soloist of the New England Youth Ensemble, Coo has performed with the group in Carnegie Hall, New York, The Kennedy Centre, Washington DC, and has toured with them to Jamaica, England, Scotland, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Austria, Italy, France, Switzerland and Iceland.

Back to top Go down
Clive
Bachendorff
Bachendorff
Clive

PostSubject: Re: [Luthier] Amador Tamayo   [Luthier] Amador Tamayo EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 5:40 pm

May idea kayo kung mag kano mga services nya?
for example repair , re hair, Bridge cutting, Replacement of chin rest ETC?

medyo na tatakot ako baka mahal eh..hehehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Luthier] Amador Tamayo   [Luthier] Amador Tamayo Empty

Back to top Go down

[Luthier] Amador Tamayo

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pinoy Violinists :: Luthier's Corner :: Luthiers Directory-